Lexichallenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Heure
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexichallenge

pour ceux qui s'interessent aussi a "ameliorer" their English en voila un ptit challenge...
    inviolate
    1- unbroken
    2- empty
    3- peaceful
    4- arrogant

penchant

1- aroma
    2- banner
    3- fondness
    4- jewel

parameters
    1- footwear
    2- independent variables
    3- chains
    4- mercenaries

furore

1- commotion
    2- conflagration
    3- mob
    4- soup

defunct
    1- deaf
    2- extinct
    3- barrier
    4- widow
    good luck !

inviolate
    1- unbroken
    2- empty
    3- peaceful
    4- arrogant

penchant

1- aroma
    2- banner
    3- fondness
    4- jewel

parameters
    1- footwear
    2- independent variables
    3- chains
    4- mercenaries

furore

1- commotion
    2- conflagration
    3- mob
    4- soup

defunct
    1- deaf
    2- extinct
    3- barrier
    4- widow

Comment

wow flawless ! i'm impressed !...you've got it all right !

Comment

tres bonne idée symbiosis (je suis entrain de fair des cours d anglais pour m ameliorer)

Comment

Thanks so much !!! we need more of this !!!

Comment

here's more... enjoy

prerequisite
            request
            previous record
            requirement
            indication

elliptical
            graceful and light
            illusory
            shapeless
            deliberately obscure

calibre
            explosive
            tool
            measure of quality.
            schedule of events.

esthetic
            tender
            self-denying
            effeminate
            artistic

callow
            unfeeling
            immature
            superficial
            sickly

Comment

with all due respect, it's not an MCQ with 4 new words that you will learn in this forum per day that may contribute in improving your English...

would has been better and this is just an advice to start with sth easier, at least some commonly used words. yet better start all over again... if you get my point !!!!

with the best intentions dude... so don't take it the wrong way...
              regards.
              Yuk

Comment

we need to learne english all time

good idea !!

Comment

Hi

here are the results of the previous word cluster...

Prerequisite:

requirement: necessary requirement in preparation for something that follows; for instance, a high school degree is the preparation for entrance into college.
                  from latin praerequirere

Elliptical:

Deliberately obscure; mystifying. eg; this letter puzzled us. from greek: ellipsis meanning defect.

Calibre:

measure of personal ability as, a leader of high calibre. It is also the diameter of a gun or bullet. from arabic "qualib" (mould)

esthetic:

artistic, appreciative of beauty in art and beauty, also having good taste. from greek aisthetikos (of sense perception)

Callow:

Immature, inexperienced. From old english calu (bold)

My first intention was not to teach English at all but rather to get you acquainted with some words that might be useful...no more than that...

we all know that this is not the right way to teach nor to learn a language... the best method till now is the communicative language teaching (for most of the scholars)

nevertheless i'll ease the level of the vocab... and if you want, i can give you some tips to learn english...

Otherwise, we can do something else...what about talking (rather writing) in english to each other and express yourselves about anything...it's a good way to practice the language...it's up to you...

Comment

fully agree!!! and you will be the one who leads the way...
                    but do you think that there will be enough people interested in???

Comment

you're completly right symbiosis
                      i agree we should speak english it'll be easier to understand more things on this "forum"
                      so we gotta speak english!!!!!!
                      great idea

Comment

hi
                        Envoyé par Yuk
                        do you think that there will be enough people interested in???
                        What i think doesn't matter really if we stay analysing or estimating whether people will be interested or not...well, we won't go very far lol let's start and see... maybe with time more people will join ;)
                        what is sure and what will bring more people are the issues we'll talk about...

Envoyé par sarahboop
                        i agree we should speak english it'll be easier to understand more things on this "forum"
                        I'm glad that you want to participate i just have a question though lol how do you think that through the use of english we can get to know more things about the forum (my question is just a way to start a conversation nothing more lol )

Comment

speaking english

good way to start speaking english
                          umh i think that wouldn't be a way to know more about this forum or yes it can be a good way to get information about the forum but not really about the forum I mean if we all do speak english first it would be a good way to understand ourselves and second I think that it'd be good for our personnal culture you know english is a really good language I mean I think so (you can disagree )
                          I know by some of my cousin who live in tunisia that the level of english is really bad so maybe we can help some student or people who wanna learn english you know what I mean,???
                          okay so I think that's all I can say for the moment if you agree I'll speak more and more 'cause to me speaking english is something really marvellous I mean that's one of the world's most beautiful language (according to me)
                          so to me it'll be fine to understand more and more in the forum even though some of you are going to say "We are on a tunisian forum" but do you really think that everybody understand everything on this forum?
                          to me it's sometimes difficul to understand what they wrote in arabic but I'm not saying that we shouldn't speak arabic no i'm just saying we should try to speak in english sometime!!
                          it'd be useful for some of us

Comment

i really gotta go now...but i'll talk to ya later ;)
                            mouahhh

Comment

it seems like nobody want to play with us ???
                              don't you wanna learn english???
                              so let's do something !!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 176 (Discussions similaires) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ads sous Menu

Collapse

Tendances

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X